First Words on a Page

7/02/2014

I did it! I started writing a book! 


I have never written a book before. And I am not writing this one by myself, I have a group of amazing women writing with me. But still, it feels like a milestone. I have spent a lot of time working on this book. I have written an outline for my section and collated the outlines from all of the writers into one big outline. I have secured an editor and a formatter. I have interviewed some very interesting experts for my content. I am learning about and guiding the team through the self-publishing process. I have added my contacts to our list of potential sponsors and other helpers. I’ve attended our weekly meetings and written up the notes and action items. Yet, with all of this work, I still had not begun the actual writing.

I was surprised how hard it was to look at the blank page and think up the first sentence. Even though I have an outline to work from, and lots of ideas that I think about constantly, the blank page paralyzed me somehow. Then, once I got going, it was exhilarating! 

I definitely have doubts. Will I have enough material? Will I need to do a lot more research to back up my claims? Do I have a coherent argument, or will my ideas circle randomly? But I started writing a book, and that is something I have never done before, and I am proud of myself.

You Might Also Like

1 comments